In the “Nockbike” region the mountains are known as “Nocken”, named after the delicious Nockerln or gnocchi. The mountains here are rounded, lush green and mostly accessible right up to the summit by bike.
The mountains here look friendly and hilly – but only at first glance, because brisk ascents with 1000 metres or more difference in altitude are not unusual. The trails are in a class of their own too.
Downhill cycling is available at all levels of difficulty, with plenty of options for beginners and freeride freaks alike. Experience the Top 5 of the Carinthian Nockberge Mountains in a unique 4-day tour.
Guided by the cycling professionals from the Sportschule Krainer at several levels of expertise, cycle along an unequalled landscape of mountains and lakes via challenging trails in the region of the Goldeck, Mirnock, Wöllaner Nock, Rosennock and the Millstätter Alpe. Cycling between mountains and lakes on the sunny side of the Alps.
- Attractive stages through the Carinthian landscape of mountains and lakes, with a different Nock mountain every day
- From every mountain there are sensational trails with different levels of difficulty, and a difference in altitude of 5000 metres downhill on exciting descents
- Experience, safety, expertise and cycling technique training – on tour with professionals!
- Culinary delicacies: Nockalm beef, Kärntner Låxn lake trout, Kasnudln cheese-filled pasta, Alpine-Adriatic cuisine
- Cultural and scenic hotspots and insider tips
- Overnight stay in biker friendly accommodation
Stage 1: Lake Millstätter See – cycle ferry across Lake Millstätter See – Egelsee/Wolfsberg – Goldeck with cable car shuttle – Drau Valley – Fresach/Stanahof.
Version 1: approx. 68 km, approx. 1700 metres difference in altitude
Version 2: approx. 64 km, approx. 1300 metres difference in altitude
Stage 2: Stanahof – in two versions along the Mirnock world mountain – Feld am See
Version 1: approx. 32 km, approx. 1150 metres difference in altitude
Version 2: approx. 30 km, approx. 600 metres difference in altitude
Stage 3: Feld am See – Wöllaner Nock/Strohsack – Bad Kleinkirchheim
Version 1: approx. 19 km, approx. 1150 metres difference in altitude
Version 2: approx. 17.5 km, approx. 1000 metres difference in altitude
Stage 4: Bad Kleinkirchheim – St. Oswald Nationalparkbahn Brunnach- Cable car shuttle to the Brunnachhöhe – Langalm Valley (alongside the Rosennock) – Kaning/Millstätter Alpe – Lake Millstätter See.
Version 1: approx. 40 km, 1300 metres difference in altitude
Version 2: approx. 40 km, 700 metres difference in altitude
09/05/13 – 12/05/13
25/07/13 – 28/07/13
Minimum number of participants 4 persons.
Other dates for groups of 5 persons at any time!
Price: from € 485/person for the package
Bike hire: € 10/day (hardtail), € 15/day (full suspension)
Single room supplement: € 10/day
- Total route: 160 km (Version 2: approx. 150 km)
- Total difference in altitude: approx. 5300 metres (Version 2: approx. 3600 metres)
- 4 one-day stages
- 5 mountains
- Sensational single trails every day with different levels of difficulty
- Guided tour in groups of several different ability levels
- Cycling technique training and special tips from the guides during the tour
- 2 x cable car service, 1 x cycle ferry
- Luggage transport throughout, and by request shuttle service or cable car transfer for individual sections of the tour
- Depending on time and interest: Get to know different water sports such as kayaking, surfing or sailing (additional costs)
- Guided tours for people joining at short notice possible at any point on the Nock 5 stages!
Ideal for company events, clubs, various groups, etc. You can also join individual stages at short notice by request.
The perfect preparation for the Nock 5
Regular special cycling technique courses in the Nockbike region amidst the beautiful Carinthian world of mountains and lakes. Daily tour programme in groups of several levels of ability from Monday to Friday (half-day, all-day, single trail tours and lots more.)
Tel.: +43 (0) 4246 3188